Helping Cancer Patients in Pickens County
The Pickens County Cancer Association’s mission is to improve the quality of life for local cancer patients and their families through financial, educational, and emotional assistance as well as cancer awareness and prevention programs and materials to the public of Pickens County.
Pickens County Cancer Association was founded in November 2010 by concerned healthcare professionals who want to improve the quality of life for cancer patients and survivors and their families living in Pickens County, S.C.
Pickens County Cancer Association is operated with donations from the public, grants, and fundraisers. PCCA receives no money from the American Cancer Society, a separate national organization.
Our Services Include:
- Up to $1,000 a year in assistance for treatment-related expenses, including prescription medicine and gas to get to medical appointments
- Emotional support through support groups
- Free new and gently used wigs, hats, breast prostheses and mastectomy bras
- A library of books and pamphlets
- Connection to other people who have fought cancer and survived.
- Referral to services here and elsewhere that will help cancer patients and their families
- Loans of medical equipment
For an Application for service. Please click here. You will need to have a portion of this form filled out by your physician and sent to us. Application for Service** Note** Services offered are subject to the available resources of the Pickens County Cancer Association. Pickens County Cancer Association 444- B Hampton Avenue Pickens SC 29671 Phone 864-878-0611 Fax 888-536-4785
Monday – Friday 9am -5pm